Friday, August 2, 2013

Sweetest Boy in the Whole Wide World

Man... a very good word to describe a toddler is a roller coaster, for sure... But lately - we have been riding on a long stretch of "high" and it has been the best. I am positively sure things are bound to change once this little boy's world is rocked with the arrival of baby brother in an estimated 20 days (hallelujah!). So right now... I'm enjoying the high while it lasts. 

This morning when I got him up - I had already gotten ready for the day because we have lots of running around to do. (So my hair was actually fixed and I had makeup and clothes on.) Well, as I was changing James' diaper James said, "like yo haiiiiiiir, mommy..... mommy hair pitttttttty," with a HUGE grin on his face. So of course I started beaming and gave him lots of hugs and kisses and said, "THANK YOU! MOMMY LOVES YOU SO MUCH!" ((Watch out ladies.... Apparently Jimmy and I are raising a smooth kid! ha!)

Jimmy and I were also talking about some funny things he is saying these days. I wanted to jot them down before I forget:

D-B-D-B: So it is pretty apparent we don't have a child who enjoys sitting in front of the TV -- which is great but then again... every now and then it would be nice to have some quiet time for mommy... Haha... But we bought him some new DVD's and got our car DVD player fixed so on our last trip to Greenville (to sale our Mauldin, SC - whoo hooo!) we put on a DVD and now James always asks for "DBDB peaaaaaas!"

"Where is....?": So whenever James is looking for anything he is quick to ask, "Where is my bebe?" or "Where is dada?" "Where is mama?" But what is so stinking cute about it? He shrugs his shoulders while turning his hands up.... So animated :)

"Need batteries...":So whenever ANYTHING is broken or not working - James announces, "Dat broke. Need batteries, mommy/daddy." The first time I found the humor in this was when he was looking at a book and a page had ripped. He handed it to me and told me that the book was broken and needed batteries. Oh children of such a techy world! Hahaha... Batteries will fix ANYTHING! :)

HONEY BIRDS: He saw his first humming bird at Nana and Pop's mountain house up in Chimney Rock, NC and mom told him, "that's a humming bird, James." Well - the bird flew away because we were all sitting on the porch and must have scared it away... James started immediately SCREECHING, "Come baaaaack honey biiiiiiiird! Come back!" Well of course mom and I started laughing and told him that he couldn't yell like that or the birdy wouldn't come back - but sure enough. James' little "honey bird" came flying back with his yells ringing through the mountains. Haha, I guess he showed us! 

(We finally had our first humming birds in GA -- here is a video of James calling after them while he and I were eating dinner. Excuse the way too tight t-shirt. We had been playing outside and he got soaked so we put on some old clothes for a dry dinner before bath time. :-) The video cut off too soon but I literally got him to eat his entire plate of dinner by saying, "The honey bird might come back if you eat a grape/piece of chix/etc." Sneaky mommy :)

**Oh and another big moment in this boy's life -- he used the big boy potty!!! Mind you it was just a little trickle once and a tiny, itsy, bitsy terd for #2, BUT - hey! I was proud! We aren't really hardcore potty training, but I am just trying to be as laid back about it as possible and we just sit occasionally and whenever he asks - we go. I figured there is no point to put training in full motion when the baby brother is on the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment