Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nashville & Father's Day

So in June we took a trip to Nashville to visit good friends, Ian, Britine and sweet Maren Kane! The trip started off a little rocky. 

As I was finishing up packing everything up - about to get in the shower, all of a sudden I realized I spotting pretty heavily... Which scared me really bad since I never spotted AT ALL with James. So I immediately called my doctor - and they had me come in just to make sure all was okay. My doctor said I seemed fine but I needed to take it very easy and he really didn't want me traveling... but he wasn't going to tell me NOT to go. Well... since we were going to visit the smartest doctor we know, we figured we could risk it. Ha! :)

So we finished packing up and headed for TN! 

We had a quick, but great trip. Ian and Brtinie (and Maren and Clyde, of course) were amazing hosts. We just enjoyed catching up and doing a few things here and there. Enjoy pics of our weekend:

When Maren got up from a nap - James and I went to check on her, these two were just two peas in a pod! By the way, thanks Maren for letting James take over your crib while you had to settle for your pack-n-play. What an amazing little hostess you are! ;-)



On Saturday we grilled out and had fellow Aiken-ites come and hang out! It was so great seeing Rachel, Paul and Shelly! 



Jimmy brought his tennis racket so he and Ian could hit a few. Little did we know that Mr. James was going to become obsessed with dada's tennis racket. I figured I needed to snag a few pics - in case he ends up being really good.... which.... I'm absolutely positively sure he will be. Watch out Wimbledon! 





Maren is probably the cutest little thing ever: 


We - of course - had to enjoy some live music while in Nashville! 


The Kanes took us to an outdoor, free music concert - and sweet Maren just napped away. 


James - was not quite so still, but had a great time - none-the-less!


Sunday was Father's Day! :)
I got James out of bed and he immediately ran and jumped on Jimmy (who was still in bed) and said "Happy father's day, dada!" while carrying his gift. It was too cute:




Our little munchkins were matching in stripes:


And here are several failed attempts at getting a sweet father's day pic... Oh well - we tried!




Hahaha.... kids will be kids! :) 

Thanks Kane's for a great weekend of fun memories. Can't wait to make the trip again once there is one more Larson to account for! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment