Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jimbo's 30th Surprise 'Stache Bash

So I've fallen majorly behind in my blog posts -- most that have been coming through have just been a text message from the ol' iphone - but I'm trying to catch up before Wyatt gets here! Back in March we had a surprise birthday party for my sweet hubby, Jimbo! :) 

Although Jimmy had said he just wanted to go to dinner for his birthday, and no party -- I decided what better time to really surprise him than when he specifically asked for no party (haha)! I also just wanted to do something for Jimmy to show him how much I love him and how much he means to not only me but to our family, friends, etc. Thanks to everyone who helped me pull this major surprise off... It was NOT easy. Since we had just moved to Georgia less than three months prior, we were having the party in Greenville, were fairly "newly" preggo, and still suffering through two mortgages and two sets of bills - I can easily say I would not have been able to pull the party off without everyone's help. Thanks everyone for helping me show Jimmy how amazing he is - and how thankful I am that he was born 30 years ago on March 15. Don't know what I do without you, Jimbo!!! :) Love you lots....

Here are photos from the night -- our mustache themed partay!

Here are some pre-guest shots... We had the party at Gigi's fabulous party-throwing house in Greenville:


We had some photos of Jimmy blown up and placed throughout the house (the one below is of Jimmy and James at JCT right near Fripp - a family fav!):


Everyone loved seeing the pics of Jimbo through the years (pictured below, his senior year pic):


We had all sorts of mustaches, pics, booze and food sprinkled around:



Haha, the below picture was compliments of Mary Sims -- she blew up a picture of Jimmy from his first year at E&Y - during busy season. All the guys had a mustache competition since they were basically living in the office and not getting out much. Obviously my Tom-Selleck-look-alike hubby won. We decided to paste the picture on the body of a full body cut out of Tom Cruise that Gigi had in her basement. 
Hahaha... PRICELESS 


"Wet your whiskers..."




Our amazing cake, which was made by an old co-worker of mine. That was one mean, HUGE, mustache on top (made of rice crispy treats!):


We had yummy barbecue: 


My pinterest inspired 80's/90's candy station. 



Once we were all set up - the guest started to trickle in... Those Greers always make a party! 


David decided to take the theme quite seriously and grew out a mean fu manchu (sp?):


Cheryl and Chuck came up for the suprise from A-town:


Everyone had fun trying their staches on while we waited on the birthday boy!




These two were the biggest help for the party ever! 


WE TOTALLY GOT HIM -- DID NOT HAVE A CLUE! :) 




I was so excited he was so surprised! He had gone to check out my parents new mountain house that they had been renovating... And of course my dad put him to work. So they headed to Gigi's from there for a "quiet family dinner" - haha... Gotchaaaaaaaa! :) 


Jimmy just basically kept his mouth open and kept looking around for about 10 minutes after he walked in. He had NO idea! 


Part of the surprise crowd:


More surprise'ers: 


My love who was at that point in time - 30 while I a young (and pregnant) 29! :-) 


Once the surprise wore off - we dug into the food...


Jimmy finally started to relax about 30 minutes after he got there (and perhaps a couple beers later)...


The culprit who helped keep Jimmy out of our hair while we set up all day long (with James in toe!):


Larson / Kircher family shot: 


Family huddled around food! :) 


Part of the night's surprises -- we had found out what we were having (boy/girl), but had not yet told friends and some family (parents and siblings knew). We had the inside of the birthday cake as part of our gender reveal... Jimmy gave me a hard time about not telling people because he had no idea -- we would have all of our friends and family together that night to announce it. 


Jimbo did the honors of cutting and revealing...... 


IT'S A BOY! 


Some were shocked... Others not.


All my brothers with the man of the hour! 



All the cousins and Sandra: 


Jimmy with the mascot of the night, Fu manchu Da'vid!


Craig-ee-poo traveled all the way up from Columbia! 


The night is never complete without a Robin-photo-bomb :)


A Howard-family shot... minus Dad...


My daddy-o and brothers! 


Silly girls...


Frannie and Jimbodia: 


So glad Miss Jessie was able to come! 


Brotherly - love:


Gigi has the best party house ever!


CPA Brothers :) 


Sisters - so sweet!!!


Jimmy... you are so special to me and a lot of people. 
We love you. We are thankful for you. 
Thank you for being you -- an amazing friend, daddy, son, brother(in-law), husband, etc. 
Hope you felt the love that night! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment