Monday, April 18, 2011

Almost Forgot to Mention....

So this morning I posted about how this baby is never going to come, BUT I forgot to mention we had a little excitement Saturday night! We really thought we were going to have a baby then (4/16/2011).

It started out at my parents' loft... we were supposed to have a birthday celebration for my Grandmother, but since she wasn't feeling well, we all got together at my parents (since the food was made and our calendars were clear). I started feeling a little Braxton Hicks, nothing out of the ordinary, but they were a little stronger than normal. But I kept it to myself, I didn't want everyone getting all excited over nothing....

Then it was off to the 2nd get together of the night. Carrie was hosting a PPParty (Plaid & Pastel Party) in honor of spring/Easter/fun/etc. We were there for about 30 minutes and we started to realize the Braxton Hicks were coming a little more frequently, and a little stronger... They were coming around 20 minutes apart (more or less). After about an hour and a half at the party -- I looked at Jimmy and told him I was having another one, and he said, "I think it's time to go.... just in case."

So we left the party, and we started talking about "what if this is it" -- and Jimmy joked that we should put on the movie Knocked Up just to help us pass the time if it was truly in fact "it."

Well we get home and what do we find? Little Miss Priss, aka Sadie, had destroyed a pillow. She hasn't done this in MONTHS and Jimmy and I both looked at each other and said, "She senses something!" So more signs were pointing toward baby's arrival. Then I lay down on the couch, get comfy and turn on the TV, and what is on? Knocked Up. The movie was on cable. No lie.

Jimmy and I started to get a little nervous at that point... Well I think Jimmy was just excited, I was the one getting nervous (because I haven't really thought about labor. I've been more focused on the end result rather than the whole process).

So then around 10:30 p.m. we decide to get in bed and wait and see.... Well, we woke up the next morning with no baby. Aw man! So close...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, how cute! That would have been too funny had he made his grand entrance that night! No point in focusing on the labor, it's coming no matter what and it's different for everyone- just think about the end product:)

    ReplyDelete