Friday, September 2, 2011

Farewell Bassinet and Newborn Days :(

So, it's kind of bitter sweet... The first baby-baby item leaving our house. Ahhhh! :) :(

It's bitter because it means he is officially getting so big and growing up... I know I've been looking forward to this age, because 4 months is soooo much fun, but it is a little sad how quickly his newborn stage flew by.

It's sweet because the bassinet that has been in the family for DECADES (I won't say how many, for Robin's sake, ha!) has made its way to the Cook's house for the next family baby.
My grandmother and her sister made the bassinet for my oldest cousin, Robin. It has stayed in the family and we have all napped in it - all my siblings, my cousins (on my mom's side), my nieces and nephews and now my son. How amazing is that?

Picture of the bassinet full of gifts from my Baby Shower back in February:


James' first official picture in the bassinet:


Are we sure that is James?:)


James fist-pumping, saying hello while sister Sadie is keeping a watchful eye on him :)


My sweet, crazy-haired boy, sleeping... Amazing how all of that hair fell out!


When he started taking all his naps in his crib, we used the bassinet as a diaper changing station downstairs.... Here is a pic of James getting a kick out of yours truly... :) I love that he is too young to realize I'm just down right cheesy, and not funny....


Haha, what a cheeseball... Here is the last official picture of James in the bassinet:


All the names of everyone who has napped in the bassinet, with James' last:


Zoomed in to his name:


Frannie taking the bassinet to her house to get ready for Baby Cook!


Can't wait to watch that long list get even longer with a big family full of babies! Life is good....

No comments:

Post a Comment