Monday, September 19, 2011

Half Marathon Motivation

So, as I posted in an earlier post, I am signed up for the Half Marathon. *SIGH* What the H, E double hockey sticks was I thinking? Somebody cute and only 14 pounds heavy takes up basically every single free minute of my life, how am I ever going to get to the point I can run 13.1 miles?

Well yesterday I went on a little jog to "keep the legs fresh" as those REAL runners call it. (However, I am not keeping the legs fresh. Goodness, I'm still trying to get them warmed up to this idea!)

Anywho. As of last week the furthest I had run without a mini-walk break was 2.5 miles (don't hate, at least I'm honest!). So yesterday I decided to attempt the 4.0 mile run. Well, I did it. Without any mini-breaks of walking. I did it all in our crazy-hilly neighborhood. I trotted along. But the run also made me appreciate music... and... the 90's.

Right as I approached the 3.0 mile mark I was thinking to myself, "Man. This kind of sucks. How am I seriously going to run 13.1 miles?"

... but that is right when the ol' faithful ipod pulled one through. A "throw back" from 1997 (I think). "Da Dip."

It's amazing what a little music can do! I pushed through and jogged the entire 4.0 miles. Only 9.1 more to go. Whew, can I do it?

Sure, but only if  I put my hand up on my hip... When I dip you dip I dip....

For your viewing pleasure (James if you ever watch this many years down the road. Don't judge your mama...):

No comments:

Post a Comment