Sunday, September 11, 2011

I LOVE a little 4 month old....

I just wanted to say that by far, a four month old baby is my favorite.... right now.

James is soooooooo funny and sweet and just amazing! The first few months I kept looking onward to the future but I'm trying to follow my mom's advice in, "not wishing your life away." So here are my favorite James-isms at 4 months old, enjoying him just as he is:

1) LAUGHING: Little boy looooves to laugh. He also does those deep-gutted laughs that you know he really thinks something is funny.

A couple nights ago it was a rare occurrence that Jimmy was home when I was putting him down for bed (four days until the end of Busy Season, whoo hoo!). We did our thing - fed, changed diaper, but on jammies, read a book and then gave lots of kisses and hugs. Then it was time to swaddle his little legs and put him to bed. Well right after I swaddled his legs I put him on my shoulder and Jimmy just happened to yawn while sitting in the glider. James started D-Y-I-N-G laughing... He thought it was so funny. So Jimmy kept fake yawning and James thought it was hysterical. It literally brought tears to Jimmy and my eyes. Who knew a tiny 14 pound booboohead could make us laugh so hard?

(PS-Other moms out there.... I'm only swaddling his legs to keep him warm. When can you just use a blanket? Or are you really not supposed to do that until they are like a year? He definitely can't handle just a blanket now. I've tried it and in less than 3 minutes - that blanket is pretty much pulled over his head. Any insight would be greatly appreciated..)

2) WAKING UP HAPPY: For the majority of James' naps - when it is time to wake up, he slowly wakes up (he is like his mama in that sense - he likes to slowly wake up, don't rush him for goodness sake!)... but when he is awake he is all smiles. When we go in to get him and we look in the crib, he looks at us and squeals in delight. He's like, "Oh my goooooodness! You're here! Let's get up and PLAY!"

3) EYES ON MOMMY: James will follow me when I go around the room and it is so funny. Earlier this morning I had him on his little jungle-gym on his back, playing... Well I walked in the kitchen to fix some coffee and he followed me to where he was almost in a back bend... When we made eye contact he started grinning from ear to ear. What a cutie. :)

4) FIGURING THINGS OUT: We've been giving James some toys and doo-dads to "play" with but you know a newborn, they just kind of stare at it like, "Whacha want me to do with THAT?!" Well now, he is playing and it is so neat to watch him figure things out.

He grabs things, puts EVERYTHING in his mouth (or tries to, at least), and gets a kick out of it all. He has also started trying to figure out Sadie, which is so funny. For the first time he was watching Sadie and started laughing. (Sadie really liked that.) I have a feeling those two are going to have lots 'o fun in the coming months!

I could go on for days, but those are my favorite, top 4 things of 4 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment