Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Running, running, running.....

So this past weekend I got one step closer to the halfer... I did my first race since senior year of college (more about that below)! I was a bit nervous (not sure why, it was just a 5k, but I figured I better get over the jitters sooner rather than later.)

Here is a pic of our little fam after the race. Jimmy just strolled James around while I ran and they were waiting for me at the finish line. We were apart of the "Horvath's Heroes" for the Susan G. Komen's Race for the Cure.


Part of my training involves a little "cross training" so I try to go to the gym, but on the days we just can't seem to make it I try to do a workout DVD at home. Yesterday I was attempting The Biggest Loser's Cardio Max.... and in the midst of doing lunges little Miss Sadie finagled her little way in between my legs and rolled over. I just had to grab my phone to take a pic... silly puppy :) ... One thing is fo' sho,' Sadie sure ain't no Bob or Jillian!


Soooo the last 5k I did before the one last Saturday? Was the day after I introduced my brother and sister-in-law, Joykens! I had signed up for USC's Dance Marathon 5k, and had semi-trained for it. Well, Hunter was coming in town the night before. So Kathryn (a friend from high school/college) and I decided to plan a little get together at Meritage so that we could get Joy and Hunter together. I knew I had a race the next day, but what was a little wine the night before? Ha.

I took one for the team to help entertain these two all night. Ha, just kidding. If you know those two you know they keep each other easily entertained, but I stayed with them (and the group) all. night. long. It was a rough race to say the least..... and it is funny to see the difference now... The morning of this race I had to wake up at 6am to pump, get James fed, changed, etc....

Life is certainly different, but in a great way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment