Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby Best Friends

So Sunday night we were at Hunter and Joy's watching the Super Bowl... Well I was more or less watching/playing with my cute nieces vs the game, but certainly paid attention to the commercials - ha! But while we were playing Gracie was very interested in my belly.. She does NOT like for me to keep it covered up. She always pulls up my shirt and then asks Baby Boy "come out?!"

So I let Mama Joykens handle that one and she said, "No Gracie, Baby Boy needs to stay inside Cammie for just a little while longer and then the doctor will get him out..." She responded by saying, "Ohhhh..." (Like that made complete sense to her almost three self. :-)

Then she exclaimed, "Baby and Bebe.. BEST FRIENDS!" (She calls Adeline, her little sis, Bebe.) So we started laughing and said, "Awww.. yes they will!"

Then the dialogue went as followed:

JOY: "Gracie, who is Mommy's best friend?"
GRACIE: "Daddy."
JOY: "Who is Cammie's best friend?"
GRACIE: "Jimmy."
JOY: "Who is Gracie's best friend?"
GRACIE: (after much thought....) ".....Nana." (very matter-of-factly)

Needless to say that made my mom's week/month/year! :) Kids say the cutest things... can't wait to see what Baby Boy has to say in a couple years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment