Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tardy Christmas Post

Alright, it is January 11, 2011 and I have yet to post anything about Christmas! So here goes...

This Christmas, aka our "last quiet Christmas as we know it" was... quiet! :) We did our thing, but the whole time I felt like it was more of a waiting period. With my pregnancy, Cheryl's upcoming nuptials, etc... I just felt like we were all looking ahead to next Christmas.... but none-the-less... it was a great one!

Christmas Eve morning we had brunch at Gigi's house for a little Howard get together, which was yummy. Then Jimmy and I came home, and before you knew it, it was time to go to church. Last year we went to my parents' church, so this year we decided to give our own church a try. Well... we choose the wrong service for this year. (Might be the right one for next year though!).

We made two mistakes: (1) we went to the children's service and (2) we sat in the balcony.

Now I kind of already knew it was the children's service, but didn't realize just how.... "kiddie" it was. Don't get me wrong, the kids were really cute and once our little bundle of joy is big enough he will be participating too... but as a couple's last Christmas Eve service, before a baby... it was all wrong. Secondly -- we sat in the balcony. Now being one of four children, you would think I would have known better... We always sat in the balcony in the very back row. As a child I didn't know why, but as an adult I do -- THAT'S WHERE THE BAD KIDS SIT! Man there were children yelling, talking, screaming, etc. During the service I turned and looked at Jimmy and said, "Are we really ready for that?!" :) hahaha....

So once the service was over, Jimmy and I came home to fix our Christmas Eve feast - consisting of lobsters, scalloped potatoes and a salad yummm...

After dinner we half way cleaned up and then put on the classic Christmas movie -- Christmas Vacation, starring my fav - cousin Eddie! :) I of course zonked out early and we went on to bed...

We woke up the next morning to find that Santa did find us "grown kids" and had a great morning! After we wrapped up our Christmas Cheryl came in from Aiken. We had a yummy brunch of breakfast casserole, southern grits, fruit salad and of course some pigs in a blanket (it wouldn't be Christmas morning without them!).

After we gobbled up brunch we then opened presents, one of the presents being a new snazzy dazzy camera from Grammy Cheryl so we can make sure we document Baby Boy Larson upon his arrival in April. :)

Then we chillaxed for a bit (Sadie was worn out from trying to decide which of her million toys to play with - she is quite spoiled), and then got ready for Christmas Day Round Three -- at my parent's loft in Simpsonville.

To say things were crazy is an understatement... and I loved every minute of it. The Howard household is starting to sound and feel a lot more and more like the house I grew up in - loud, crazy and full of kids! It was great!

We opened presents first since that's what you do when you have four kids who can only see the Christmas tree full of presents. After that craziness subsided, we ate a Christmas Day feast prepared by my mom, aka Nana. Once dinner was over the "big kids" (aka my siblings and spouses) headed downstairs to see what Santa brought us from Atlanta. (A few years ago mom and dad stopped buying lots of little gifts and started gifting furniture, something we desperately needed, considering we've only bought a few pieces of furniture since buying our first home in 2006.)

The other exciting event of Christmas 2010 -- we had a WHITE Christmas! Right before we drove to the loft, a little snow started to fall, and by the end of the evening, we had a pretty decent amount of snow! Our first one that I can remember!

It was a great Christmas, and I'm so thankful for my amazing family who makes it special each and every year! Here's to next year when Jimmy and I can start spoiling our own little boy! :)

Here are some fav pics from the day (sorry for picture overload):

 Tricia and her sweet boys:


 Hamilton & Gracie, BFF for Life:


The Hostesses with the Mostest - the greatest parents ever, Mom & Dad aka Nana & Pop:


My snazzy grandmothers staying warm by the fire:


Joy and... who is that? Oh my.. Adeline is no longer a baby! So cute:


 Gigi & Ma:


Frannie & her (GROWING) baby, Grizz:


Jimmers & I:

No comments:

Post a Comment