Saturday, January 29, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig!

... were the words my dad would always say as we came home from a Howard trip. Didn't matter where we were coming home from: California, Simpsonville, Europe, Fountain Inn... Those were always the words that ended a trip. So I thought they were only fitting for the end of this little "TRIP" we've been on with ol' Sadie!

Sadie is home, and we are SO happy to have her here!

It is taking some getting used to - on both Sadie's end and our end to take care of a 3-legged-hyper-active puppy dog, but we are gladly adjusting well.

I picked her up Thursday afternoon around 5:00 p.m. (I was flying solo since Jimmers was still in Charlotte - yes, it is busy season -- things always happen during the "perfect time" don't they?) When I was pulling up I had butterflies in my stomach - I was so excited to love on my four... or three :) legged love bug.

Of course I get there and I have to talk to the nurse, the vet, everybody and their mamma, until they FINALLY bring in Sadie. We were so excited to see each other, and as everyone could have expected -- this has still not slowed Sadie down! She was bee-bopping all around on three legs with her cone just bouncing in the air. She jumped up on me and gave me tons of kisses and did her moaning when it sounds like she is trying to tell you something. (Mom came over to check on her and she seems to think it is Sadie's way of trying to tell us everything that has happened -- I tend to agree :)

After I paid our bill, signed our stuff, it was time to hit the road, and Sadie was ready! This picture was actually the first I got of the rascal - doesn't she look excited??


Of course when we got home Sadie kept running to the backdoor crying, wanting to go out... but unfortunately, we can't let her. She has to be "kept still" for AT LEAST four weeks (ha, yeah right). So every time she goes outside we have to put her on the leash and the only exercise she is allowed to have is when she goes out to potty (this is going to be a long, hard, four weeks - but well worth it!).

Friday AM I took her back to the vet to have her bandage changed (although the bandage looks like a cast - it is actually a soft bandage... It is almost like a colored ACE bandage). Pay close attention to her little leg - they put "cast graffiti" on it as I like to call it.

Day one was a heart and a smiley face:

 

Day two was a puppy paw and a construction sign that said, "Under Repair" - hahaha:


To say the least Sadie is a little trooper and she is getting around just fine. I'm pretty amazed with how easily she is hopping around. We keep the cone on for most of the time, but while we are snuggled on the couch together I take it off. She seems to really appreciate that :)

Here's to a speedy recovery little puppy girl!

Some more pics of our patient:

Night # 1 (testing out her new bed):


Night #1 (worn out and glad to be home with her toys):


Night # 1 (a little cone-break):


Day #2 ("Mom, can I PLEASE go and chase the squirrels outside? Please? Please?"):


Day # 2 ("Okay.. maybe I'll just snuggle in your lap"):


Day # 2 (Together at last!):


Day # 2 (with her baby brother - ha!):


1 comment:

  1. so cute! thanks for all the pictures... Sadie lady is such a trooper!

    ReplyDelete