Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sadie's Coming HOME!

Well, it has been a LONG seven days... but Sadie-kens is finally ready to come home!

As I mentioned in my previous post - Sadie was hit by a car Friday morning right at the top of our driveway. Immediately after Jimmy found her hiding under a deck down the road, we took her in to the Animal Emergency Clinic in Greenville, where they have been taking PHENOMENAL care of our little rascal. They call at least twice a day with updates (and it isn't just some receptionist calling, it's the vet that is taking my sweet puppy into surgery making the two calls!).

Most of my friends advised me not to go and see her while she was recuperating because it can have a negative impact on her recovery (it gets the animals really excited and then they think they are coming home) -- but I needed to hear it from "the horse's mouth." So I did ask the vet a couple days ago if I could just go and see her. He also told me it would not be best. He told me that she had her routine down, and she was really doing great... but I think he could tell that I really just wanted to go and give her some loving... So then he reassured me that, "Sadie is getting plenty of TLC." Apparently while we were on the phone Sadie was sitting in some one's lap getting petted while the person was administering her antibiotic... Needless to say it made me feel much better. 

So now it is still a waiting game... We will take her home today and have to take her in either every day or every other day to have her bandages removed and her wounds cleaned. As long as everything continues to progress as it has as of late -- there will be no more surgeries! (Fingers crossed!)

The doc joked with me on the phone today saying, "Your toughest job now is keeping Sadie still... because she definitely has two buttons - ON and OFF." Hahaha... you don't have to tell me that doc!

Can't wait to get the little rascal home! Will post a picture of my little patient later...

Again, thanks for the kind words and support... I know Sadie is just a dog, but she is a part of our family and we'd do anything for her.

1 comment:

  1. So happy Sadie lady can get home and make mama's life a little more at ease!!

    ReplyDelete