Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Office Personalities

Although the personalities on the sitcom, The Office, are quite extreme.... every now and then I realize we have some quite extreme personalities in my place of work. I seem to have at least one weekly... sometimes daily.... story about one particular co-worker, who shall rename nameless...

I thought I'd share a story from this week...

Being the mother of zero children, having birthed all zero of them, this particular co-worker proceeded to tell me that I needed to... HAD to put cream on my belly to prevent stretch marks. And lately, I haven't felt like listening to this particular person so I told her how that is all "marketing." I was in the midst of explaining that I've been told by other moms that it doesn't really work for preventing stretch marks, but it does help with the itching, when she straight up cut me off, and told me I was wrong. Then, she also told me how much larger I looked now (with great big ol' bug eyes) than in the beginning of December when she last saw me. She also told me, "I'm not trying to be ugly, BUTTTT...."

Thanks... I appreciate that :)

PS-When Jimmy read this post this was his comment, "You forgot the part about how she emailed the entire office asking if they have gone to this Indian Dr. because she is concerned he can't speak English."

True, that did JUST happen. So this is one of those weeks with a daily story vs. weekly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment