Thursday, November 4, 2010

Little Jimmy!

We had our 15 week check up yesterday, and we weren't expecting to find out what we were having, but as luck would have had it... we did! I simply asked the doctor if she thought there would be any way possible they could schedule our 20 week appointment just a tad bit early so that we could know what the sex was by Thanksgiving... Well she looked at me... with the hopeful light in my eyes... and said -- maybe we'll just go back there today?

I think I squirted a couple tears and said, "REALLY?!?!?!"

Then she said, "Well.. you aren't even 16 weeks yet... let's see if we can find the hear beat fairly easily. If so, we'll go back there and see what we see." Sure enough she stuck the little heart beat finder on my belly and we immediately had a heartbeat. She then smiled and said, "Let's go back there!"

So Jimmy and I were like little kids on Christmas morning. We both kept looking at each other like, ".. here we go!" Then the tech simply asked us if we wanted to know the sex and we both pipped up and said, "YES!" :)

As she was scanning the belly she asked if we had any feelings. I told her how I originally thought it was a boy the day we found out (but I really think I thought it was a boy because I always figured I would have a boy first)... but then I had changed my mind with all those silly tests... The Chinese Birth Chart, the pencil test, etc... So I told her we both thought it was a girl...

Then she started laughing and said, "well you're both wrong -- we have a baby boy!" Our little bambino had his legs spread eagle with it all hanging out. (Apparently he isn't going to be very shy :)

Jimmy and I were both shocked, thrilled, excited, astonished, etc... It was such an amazing time that we won't ever forget.

We can't wait to meet you Baby Boy Larson!!! :) You are already very much loved.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! What a fun way to find out...I got butterflies in my stomach as I was reading...and I already knew it was a boy! :) So excited for y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete