Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kids say the darnedest things...

So this past weekend my parents were amazing and kept the boys while I had a long anticipated girls weekend and poor jimbo worked (I despise busy season!). While in Greenville we got to visit with Grandmama:


I was telling her some of my funny "James sayings" and she told me I needed to write then down... So, here goes! :)

1). As you could see from a previous post, we have potty-trained James. It was probably the roughest week and a half, but we made it! James now has no problem peeing and pooping but still has to sleep in a pull up (which we call "special night time underware.) Well the funniest thing about him going is he gets so excited to flush it all to the "poopoo playground" that he sticks his head super close to the bowl... almost in the toilet bowl (yes, ew) .... and says, "bye bye TT... Have fun with my poopoooooo!" Or vise versa, "bye bye poopoo! Have fun with my TT!" Hahahahaha....

2). Just now... As James is... "settling down for his nap" he accidentally tossed Donald Duck out of his bed. So this is what I see/hear through the monitor:

"Oh no! Donald Duck! Heeeya...."

((((throws his blanket over the side of the bed)))))...

"Pull! Pull! Pull!

((((Starting to get defeated.... He suddenly throws all of his animals over the side of the crib.)))))

*i start to get nervous here, thinking he was about to make his first exit out of the crib.*

(((((He then starts pulling the animals through the slats that he just threw over.... That are in arms length...))))))

"See Donald? Come back!"

((((((Starting to get defeated, again.... He slumps down and looks at his animals that are now back in his crib.))))))

"I need help, guys! I need help! Come on Donald!"

((((((Then he starts to drape his blanket again.))))))

*Hahaha.... Silly boy :)


3). While potty training James, I always say, "I'm so proud of you, James!" when he would use the potty. He'd always respond, "I so proud of you too, mommmmm." :)

4). I was struggling to get a lost strap in his car seat.... While struggling James starts to pat my back and says, "you can do it mommy, I know you can!" (Another thing I said to James while potty training.)


5). The other day he picked up a play phone and acted like he was talking... I quietly followed him and heard him say, "Hey Dada! Hey! Oh nooo... What's wrong, dada?!? What's wrong?" He then spotted me and smiled and said "bye dada!" And hung it up. I asked him who he was talking to and he said, "my dada!" And then took off running.


I'm sure there are tons more but those are just at the forefront of the ol' noggin.


James, you are growing so much every day. You challenge us and crack us up so much every day. You give the best hugs and kisses. You are a bit bull headed and independent, but I know that will help you become so successful when you are big. You love Mickey Mouse, running around, chasing Sadie, playing outside, playing with trucks and cars and making Wyatt smile and laugh -- oh and playing on my phone- ha! We love you so much little munchkin!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment