Monday, August 29, 2011

Note to self: ENJOY EVERY MINUTE

So ever since we brought James home, Jimmy and I have been looking onward to the future.... "Oh, I can NOT wait until he is sleeping through the night..." "Oh, I can't wait until he can hold up his head...." "That will be fun when he can play with all the cousins..." etc....

We've been doing so much of that, that I forget to enjoy him just as he is, right now. A friend from high school recently posted about this on her blog... Her little girls are 3 and 1, and she talked about wishing to go back to when they were babies to get one more little "squeeze" out of them...

So thanks Erin for posting that... From now on I'm going to focus on the present. Squeeze my little baby as much as I can and be thankful for the present! :) I'm so blessed and thankful for an amazing family, friends and good fortune. Life is so good, I'm going to just enjoy it day by day!

1 comment: