Tuesday, August 23, 2011

James is FOUR Months Old

Who knew time flies so fast when babies are outside the womb vs. in it?! :) My little guy is already over 4 months old (officially 4 months on Sunday, August 21). I figured I'd hold off on his 4 month post until today's doctors visit so I could include that info...

*Height: 25.5 (44 percentile)
*Weight: 13 pounds 8.4 ounces (14 percentile)
*Head: 41.5 cm

When James was three months he had an obsession with his tongue. He constantly stuck it in and out - kind of like a little snake.... Well now my little boy LOVES his hand... He couldn't figure out how to enjoy it the most, but over the past couple weeks, figured out he likes the pointer and middle finger of his left hand the best. :) He has a pretty great routine, which has him sleeping around 12 hours a night, which is amazzzziiiinggggg. He laughs really hard and really enjoys playing while laying on his back.

Some of the not so great things about right now - James spits up - A LOT and all the time. So for the time being I'm wearing mostly t-shirts these days, ha! He still has pretty bad cradle cap. Frannie told me a trick she heard on the Doctor's show, but I'm waiting to confirm with my doc that it's okay... I also read the same thing in the magazine but it sounds weird (pouring olive oil on the scalp then brushing it off with a comb or toothbrush? - weird, right?). And he has yet to roll over from his tummy to his back. He has however rolled over from his back to his tummy (the reason? he was trying to get a better view of the TV - homeboy LOVES the TV!).

Oh one other not so great thing going on right now -- I didn't know that you weren't supposed to introduce size 2 nipples on the bottle when you are still breastfeeding, so that has been a little challenging... On Sunday I pumped all day and gave him a bottle for every feeding which wore. me. out. Yesterday he nursed all but one feeding, so I'm hoping he'll hold out for me just a little longer.

Here is his 4 month photo shoot:


(He just LOVES those fingers!)


"Who dat?"


My little chunky munky <3 :)


Sweetness....


Daddy came in at the end of the "shoot" - he went to church... James and I played hookie since he didn't do that great his first visit and I'm a little hesitant about putting him in the nursery just quite yet.

Here is some more photos of what we've been up to lately:


One night Jimmy was working late there was a thunderstorm and Sadie was scared so she crawled in my lap while I was holding James... I couldn't really get a photo - but you get the idea.


James watched his first taste of football with daddy <3


Close up of James & Daddy watching football...


We celebrated Pop's birthday by Grandmama's pool with the whole fam (minus Uncle Hunter who according to Gracie had a "boo-boo on his back and had to go night night" :) haha)


The Cooks with the big swimmer, Gracie Grace...


Me and my grumpy lovebug :)


Gracie means BIZ-NAZ in her goggles and swimmies!


The Larson family photo...


Adeline copying Jimbo :)


Celebrating Pop and Hamilton's birthdays by the pool...


Blowing out the candles... Team work!
 

Nana & Pop and all the grandchillen'


James has been sitting in his little bumbo a bit..


He kicks around a soccer ball on mommy and daddy's bed :)


James is getting to be better friends with Sadie :)


Snuggle time with Mommy on a Saturday night in...


"I just loooove my fingers!!!"


His new little "jumperoo" toy... (Fingers still in the mouth, goodness!)


He hasn't quite figured this thing out yet, but I can tell we are going to have lots of fun figuring it out. (He wasn't quite long enough to reach the floor so we stuck a pillow under his feet and viola, he can jump!).

No comments:

Post a Comment