Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's official, Kiawah 1/2 Marathon, HERE I COME!

So remember in December this post, where I documented our fun trip to Kiawah, where everyone but me and a couple others completed a half marathon? Well, I mentioned (half-heartedily) that I wanted to do it next year (because I couldn't do it 5 months pregnant, especially being a non-runner!).

So, I'm keeping my word. I'm officially signed up, and there is no looking back now.

I've never been much of a runner... Well in high school I started running and it messed my knee all up - the doctor called it "runner's knee" although I had been running for only 6 months or so? I ran a couple 5K's and did the Cooper River 10K.... but when my knee messed up the doc told me to try to only do the elliptical (it was lower impact).

I figure enough time has passed (ha!) so it is time to give it another try. I started jogging a little while at the beach, but last night was my official first half marathon training run. Although it is REALLY SAD to say I just did 2 miles in a whopping 26:49, it was a step in the right direction. I'm going to try to track my progress so when I complete the 1/2 marathon I can think back to that slow run and smile.... but honestly - although it was super duper slow, I'm proud of it. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment