Monday, March 14, 2011

Water Breakage Scare

SIDE NOTE: I feel like whenever I have pictures to post I get behind on posting because it takes me longer to hook my camera up to the computer (even though it takes literally two seconds) -- but I wanted to share this story before I forgot... Pictures and a weekend recap to come soon of the Kane's visit to Greenville last weekend!

So this weekend my parents, Fran, David and Jimmy and I threw a little party for Mary Sims and Thomas, our friends who are getting married this summer (whoo hoo!). (A side note for those two love birds - Joy and I set them up - I'm sending in my resume to the Millionaire Matchmaker soon to start up an East Coast office.. I mean hey - so far my efforts have resulted in two marriages and two beautiful babies, and this isn't even my full time job! ;-))

So on Friday and Saturday Fran, Mom and I were getting the Loft ready for the fiesta. Saturday afternoon Frannie and I were trying to get these little candle things working outside. I was sitting down in a chair trying to figure it out. When I stood up I noticed there was a wet spot just where I had been sitting... I got a little nervous, so I went to the bathroom to "check things out." Sure enough - everything was SOAKED. I was like, "What the...? Could that have just happened?? What's going on...?!?!"

So then I ran back outside and I asked Fran why she thought only the spot I was sitting in was wet, and she just looked at me like I was crazy. She then said, it is probably the cushion, so then we started patting the cushion and nothing else was wet... I started to really freak out and of course the one comment that came to mind was (excuse the french, but just trying to fully capture the moment), "SHIT! I haven't even showered or put on my make up today!"

However.... as it turns out... it WAS the cushion - whaaaa whaaaaa. False Alarm. Please let me go ahead and disclaim that I did not wet my pants -- the question I get from everyone that I tell this story to. See "what had happened wasssss" the cushions were really wet! Mom went and solved the confusion by sitting in one of the other cushions.

WHEW. False alarm. I'm all talk saying I want him to come early -- I'm not ready! I have so much to do to get ready, but to say the least... this little episode has kicked my "nesting" into gear and I'm getting a lot of my "to do" list done for Baby Boy.

Less than 6 weeks my little man....

No comments:

Post a Comment