Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Early? On time? Late?

We all know that only The Big Guy knows the answer, but here's a little "insider's" knowledge...

The doc told me you can tell a lot about how you'll deliver based on your family history (i.e. your mother, sister, grandmother, etc...). So I asked my mom, and with four kids within five years -- she doesn't really remember all the details but her response was, "Well.. I think y'all were all born around your due date." Thanks Mom, that helps ;-) haha, jk.

Then I went and asked my mother's mom when she delivered. Apparently poor Grandmomma was A MONTH LATE with my mom. (I'm blaming doctor error on the due date, what do you think?)

Then I asked my dad's mom and she said she didn't really remember but she thinks late. Shucks.

But a twist in the story -- mom said she knows she delivered all four of us on a full moon. So I went to the web and did a little research and the next full moon will be on April 17, ah ha! There is still hope!

And, a little side note about April 17 -- it is a birthday shared by many loved ones! Ma (my dad's mother), Tricia (my sister-in-law) and Cheryl (my mother-in-law) all share this birthday! Perhaps we can add our little man to the list of loved ones born on April 17??

Time can only tell... 32 days my little booboo..... or.... should I say 26?!?! :) One thing is for certain... he'll come when it is his time. Can't wait to hold you!!

PS-Thanks for all the quiz responses, and I'm glad to see my family and friends are for me going a little early vs. late. Whoever you are that selected "late" - well.. I'll find out WHO you are.. Just you wait ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment