Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Old Man :)

It's official. I'm married to an old man. I'm the cool, young, hip (not so cute these days) trophy wife of only 27 years old, whereas my husband is one step closer to the big 3-0 at 28. :)

It's weird to think that this is our tenth birthday celebration together... I believe our first time celebrating Jimbo's birthday was freshman year of college at Fripp with a bunch of friends... Man, that does but it doesn't feel like forever ago. Although we celebrated Jimbo's birthday, the celebrations weren't quite equivalent to the celebrations we had 10 years ago.

Unfortunately for Jimbo we had signed up for a "Getting Ready for Baby" class yesterday (the only day the class was available). We did manage to leave work a little early and eat at Fitzpatrick's a fun, low-key Irish Pub that we like to frequent on occasion.

We then booked it to Greenville Hospital to try to figure out what we are going to do with this little Bambino when we bring him home in a little over a month. I learned a little bit, but I think the class was more for Jimmers (no offense, love ;-). He got to change his first diaper, and even swaddled a "baby," which I tried to document without much appreciation from Jimmy (pics below) - yeaaaa - we were that couple in class.


Seeing Jimmy actually change a diaper and swaddle a doll baby made everything feel just that much more real. He did a great job and I was so proud :) -- he is going to be a great daddy!

Something funny about Jimmy's birthday... You know how there are those Christmas cactuses? That bloom only once a year at Christmas? Well we have one of those, and did it bloom at Christmas time? No, it did not. But guess what?? It's blooming now! It must be a Jimmy Cactus, because it is in full bloom, just in time for Jimmy's birthday! I thought that was pretty special. We'll see when it blooms next year!


Happy 28th birthday Jimbo! I love you more and more everyday and I can't wait to embark on our next adventure together -- parenthood! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment