Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You said what's in there?!

So a few days ago I decided to save some postage and deliver our annual Christmas Card to some family members in town. I went over to Hunter and Joy's, which was also an excuse to visit my cute nieces (and awesome brother and sis-in-law :).

Well, while I was there I picked up Adeline (pictured on the left) and was holding her... Then Gracie (pictured on the right) came up to me and kept asking me to hold her, which of course won me over, how can you refuse that face??

Well as soon as I was reaching down for her, Joy said, "Gracie! She's got a baby in her belly... she doesn't need lots of kiddies hanging off of her!" ... and then Joy went back to doing her business....

Well then I noticed Gracie was staring at my belly, looking at me like, "Say whaaaat?!" Then all of a sudden she started quizzically patting my belly, like, "... is there really a baby in there?" And then sure enough she lifted up my shirt to have a look. Joy and I started laughing and then Joy explained that the belly was inside the belly....

She then told Gracie that the baby could hear her if she wanted to say hey, or Merry Christmas to him... So she got really quiet and then whispered, "Hey bebe... Merry Christmas!" ... and then she gave him a kiss... She's going to be such a great big cousin to baby boy.

1 comment: