Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Well I have much to be thankful for: ONE warm home (last year at this time we were just realizing we were getting slammed with two mortgages as our Mauldin's seller backed out at the very last minute), a great neighborhood that has helped me get acclimated in my new city of Marietta, an amazing little nugget -- Wyatt -- who blessed us with his arrival in August, an energetic little two year old that challenges me everyday but I grow to love more everyday, the gift of being able to stay home and watch my babies grow every day (somedays it doesn't feel like a blessing but deep down I know it is!), the best family a girl could ever ask for, and the world's greatest hubby -- my partner in crime -- the person who truly gets me -- the one that helps me through the days I don't think I can.... :) So I guess another thing I should be thankful for is my dad making me go to that camp we met....
what....? Over 13 years ago? Sheesh. That makes me feel old. :)

Anywho. Just the other day I had to write 8 random facts about myself on Facebook ... Most were just totally random but number one was I truly believe I'm my happiest I have ever been in my life right now. I was not so sure about moving to GA but am hitting my stride and I know the challenge of moving to a new state has only strengthened Jimmy and my relationship. I am really enjoying staying home and being a mom. Life is GOOD! So thankful...

So now that I'm over my little tangent -- back to turkey day. We celebrated this year's Thanksgiving in the mountains with my side... Almost everyone was there -- but the Cook's had to stay home in anticipation of Baby Caroline's arrival (she came 11/29). We had a great time and even got to see a little snow!

Pics below:

Mom and Dad insisted Jimmy and I have some "us" time.. We didn't complain!


Jimmy has been doing the whole "movember" thing.. I'm ready to have my clean shaven Jimbo back :)


Pop keeping our energizer bunny busy :)


Chef Martha B made an amazing feast!


The boys braved the weather for stogies


Thanksgiving morning:


James... Loves "roar-ing" these days, haha:


Of course James was willing to take a pic during Wyatt's nap but not after:



James, still "roar-ing" - lol:


Adeline and James playing with Uncle Hunter:


Sweetness:


A mountain family tradition: S'MORES!!!


Can you tell Nana and Pop brought the grand kids some cool hats back from San Francisco?


Adeline + James = trouble


All the boys enjoying cigars!


An attempt to get a group shot... The more bodies and babies -- the harder this gets!


It's so great having a house that fits us all -- we get to enjoy breakfast together too!


Hope you all had an amazing turkey day too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment