Friday, February 22, 2013

Surprise Going Away Party

(PLAYING CATCH UP -- OUR SURPRISE GOING AWAY PARTY FROM NOVEMBER 2012)
 
So right before we made the big move to Atlanta, GA (well... Marietta) - our fabulous friends and family in Greenville, SC gave us an amazing send off. What we thought was just a night out with Fran, David, Hunter and Joy - turned out to be an amazing night filled with fun, laughter and great times. It was a night I will ALWAYS remember.
 
It's funny when I first moved to Greenville it felt so very foreign to me. I almost cried trying to find my office in downtown Greenville (hahaha)... I would constantly get lost trying to get to the simplest places. When Jimmy and I would go out to eat - I would know no one... which was a huge adjustment from living in Columbia where I grew up and went to college. I felt as though it would NEVER feel like "home.".... but sure enough - it is so much more "home" now than Columbia is! Crazy how over time so much can change.
 
So although the move has been rocky, and I don't quite feel at "home" here - I know with time.... this too will become a new "home." But for the meantime I'll hold on tight to my Greenville friends and memories... You give me such hope for our family's new adventure in Atlanta/Marietta, GA!
 
Pics from the night, enjoy:
 
 
Right before the babysitter got there - a little mommy and James photo op :) 
 
 
Sisters shot!

 
Sisters plus Gigi

 
All the Howard chillen' as my dad likes to call us :)

 
The Howards - well, the adult Howards :)

 
....plus Gigi

 
"Sisters by chance... Best friends by choice..." This is Fran and my mantra... and it looks as though it is also Mom and Sandra's. Love them! :)

 
Stephanie and Travis and Baby T coming this April!

 
Sweet, fun friends :)

 
MS and Julie

 
Fran and I with Mrs. Body Combat herself, Kathleen!

 
Me, Joykens and Baby BOY Howard :)

 
Greer girls - love them :)

 
Craig & Chan, and a little smoochy smooch

 
Man, we've grown up a lot since playing football on Thanksgiving at the Greers :)

 
Nana and Pop with their newest grandbaby, Hugh (#7)

 
Not all bad things come out of long, accounting hours - great friendships do!

 
Terrible photo - but great memory... Me and the hubs... Married and in Greenville for 5.5 years....

 
Pop was on some heavy duty "pop duty" that night.... Couldn't seem to steal Hugh away :)

 
Aiken HS Reunion!

 
I got my very own Mary Sims photo! A twin sandwich! :)
 Don't worry, Jimmy took the pic - no jealousy there, ha! :)

 
Me and the Mrs. Twins :)

 
I don't think we will ever really grow up.
(Jimmy will always be so amused by the Mac and Narf shenanigans)

 
No Howard gathering would be complete without a little hydraulics from Mrs. Frannie :)

 
All the cousins and sibs -- family is priceless... Love them all. :)
My hope for my children is that they will share the same love and admiration for their siblings and cousins as I do.

 
Trying my hand at rubbing off some of the baby-mojo onto Mary Sims...
(You're welcome Carter & Betty Neele! :) haha

 
Bro-Lo's at their finest :)
(I still remember hanging out in college talking about how much fun we'd have once we were all married and had families of our own. Well... we were right!)

 
MS signing "the book"

 
We had a lot of fun that night... and the fun continued on early the next morning!
James & Dada snuggles in the morning...

 
Ellie enjoyed playing with James' toys...
 
 
And I soaked up all the love and kisses from all the little ones!
(such an unattractive photo - but again, great memory!)

 
Thanks again Greenville for the amazing send off. I'm excited about the Larson's new chapter in Atlanta... but I'm also glad it is only a 2.5 hour drive from Greenville! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment