Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weird Things About Being Pregnant

CRAVINGS
So I haven't craved anything wild and crazy like pickles and ice cream or a milkshake at 2:00 a.m... but my tastes have certainly changed.

Before I was preggers I would typically fix a dinner consisting of some type of chicken or fish, some veggies and maybe a starch. Now, all I want are starches, green vegetables gross me out and chicken REALLY turns my stomach. So strange! I also have been eating a lot more cereal, fruit and peanut butter.. Strange, right? Oh and I had been craving pancakes for a couple days (also extremely strange since I NEVER eat pancakes)... but when I got home last night from a meeting... Who was in the kitchen fixing his preggo wife pancakes (from scratch)?? Jimbodeeny. He's so sweet. :) I'm lucky to have him!

FRIENDS
One thing I've noticed since announcing my pregnancy is 1) as soon as someone finds out you are pregnant, where do people turn and look? Your belly. 2) as soon as a friend sees you that you haven't seen in a few days/weeks, where do they turn and look? Your belly.

It's funny... I probably did it before, but now I just see it and think it is rather comical.

2 comments:

  1. I craved the same stuff!! I would only eat chicken if it was fried, and I ate more fruit when I was pregnant than I've ever eaten in my life. :) And...anything greasy (fast food, french fries) were all I could eat during my first trimester. So glad you are doing well...and SUPER sweet of Jimmy to make you pancakes! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how weird cravings can be and how they can change throughout your pregancy! I craved Ramen noodles at the beginning of this pregancy when I was so sick, and literally ate ONLY Ramen noodles for about a month. Gross! I also switched from being a die-hard Diet Coke lover to despising Diet Coke and only being able to drink Pepsi. So strange!

    ReplyDelete