Monday, October 11, 2010

We are Expecting!

In August we found out we are expecting a wee-one, and we couldn't be more thrilled! Our due date is 4-23-2011, which feels like a lifetime away.

At first I thought it was a boy, but I've done a ton of silly tests (Chinese birth chart, pencil test, etc) and most signs are pointing towards girl. The heartbeat at 8 weeks was 156 and just last Friday (at 11 weeks and 6 days, basically 12 weeks) the heartbeat was 158.

As soon as the doctor told us the hear beat, it was as if she was reading my mind... She said, "Now -- don't try to guess the gender just yet. All babies' heartbeats are high in the first trimester. You can't tell based on the hear beat until you are 20 weeks along."

Hahaha... I guess my face is pretty easy to read!

I have been feeling pretty good, not fabulous, but definitely not as sick as some of my friends/family so I consider myself to be lucky. I have been terribly tired, but that has started to go away, and I'm starting to feel like my old self again. I am still weird about food... Normal stuff just doesn't sound appetizing, which is strange for me because I have never been picky. I pretty much crave starches and fruit. Chicken is a little gross to me, and so is green veggies (which is what I used to always eat).

Jimmy has already stepped up as an all-star-dad-to-be (as expected :). He has read more of "the books" than I have. In fact in our 8 week appointment the nurse told me I was RH Negative, and that the doctor would explain what that meant. Well, when the nurse left and while we waited on the doctor, Jimmy proceeded to explain to me exactly what that meant (he read it in the books). Good ol' Jimbo -- he's going to be a great daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging (again)! I look forward to keeping up with Baby Larson and watching he or she grow! Congratulations again!!

    ReplyDelete