Tuesday, March 26, 2013

James' First Easter Egg Hunt

So our neighborhood had an Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for this past Saturday but since it was pouring rain - it was rescheduled for today.. Although it was dry out today it was freeeeezing and we actually had snow flurries this morning. But. That didn't stop us from having fun! :-)

Since Jimmy was in Memphis for work I mustered up the courage to go to the event solo. I was hesitant at first but as soon as James saw the jumpy house, Easter bunny and kids he yelled, "PPPPPLLLLLLAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" and grabbed my hand and started running. LOL

James did not really "get" the Easter egg HUNT aspect as he kept looking at me as though I was crazy when I would pick up eggs and put them in his basket... And then, as he was giving me the, "Mom. You're crazy." look, he would dump the eggs out. Ha! :) So I think we ended up with a whopping 3 or 4 eggs.

He was also scared of the Easter bunny but then finally started warming up to him and started following him around saying, "hiii teddy bear" - too stinking cute.

James is also ready to be a big boy. He literally chased every "big boy" that was there and said "hiiii! hiiii! hiii!" to each of them while waving. Sweet thing. The big kids didn't really know what to do about a 2 year old shadow, which of course broke my heart. Time to toughen up, mom! :)

Here are a few pics from my phone:















No comments:

Post a Comment