Monday, May 14, 2012

Home again home again jiggity jig

After every single Howard family trip my dad would mutter those words as we 6 were packed in like sardines, pulling into the garage. Yesterday I found myself muttering the same words.

Going on vacation is surely not the same! James typically sleeps from 8pm-8am... If he wakes early he'll play in his crib. While at the beach James woke up screaming/crying at 6:30/7am - every. single. day.

He also wasn't his usual self because we were rockily making the formula to whole milk transition and if that weren't enough he more than tripled his tooth count while there. We arrived with two bottom teeth, we left yesterday with 5 new huge top teethers and some molars in the back.

Frippin' it, sho' isn't the same.

Then yesterday. Ohhh yesterday (aka Mother's Day, mind you). Probably one of the worst days of parenthood for Jimmy and I. My mom called to check on me later in the day and I was slowly getting my sanity back as Jimmy let me drive the extra car from Cola to Gville (bless you my sweet hubby-ha!), and I told my mom, "Wellllll... I decided today I will NOT be having any more children." (No offense my sweet baby J - but you literally screamed/cried the. entire. day. While we were trying to pack. While we were all stuck in a car together. While we were eating lunch. Misssserable.) After I told that to my mom she quietly chuckled and then said, "Oh Cam... You are going to have lots of days like that."

Motherhood. Its a roller coaster ride! It has its highs. And man... It has its lows. But I wouldn't change a thing.

Yesterday made me (again) uberly thankful for the amazing parents I have. We four who are crazily close in age did not make traveling fun for my parents--but they still toted us around every where. For my parents' 25th wedding anniversary my dad wanted to take my mom all over Europe. My mom sweetly asked if her chillen' could go. Amazing woman? Yes, she was.

Happy Mother's Day to the most amazing mom I could ever ask for (a day late). I hope the Lord teaches me half the patience you had in raising us 4 crazy kids. And I pray I give my children half the love you gave us. Thanks for always being there and selflessly loving everyone else above yourself. You rock Mom! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment