Thursday, April 26, 2012

My little baby....

.... is now a little boy. Man, is it bitter-sweet.

I think every first time mom is kind of scared beyond belief as they try to navigate through new mommy-hood - and they (quietly) wish their wee-wons were doing the fun and sweet things those little toddlers are doing you see bee-bopping around with mommy... (well shoot me if I'm the only one that did!).

But then when your baby gets to that point.... You wish it didn't go by so quickly. And surprisingly enough - I'm eager for another..... but don't hold your breath. This isn't a dual-duty post. I am not pregnant nor are we trying to get pregnant but I have to be honest when I say I have a little pang for another little baby right now... but for the time being - I'm just going to enjoy my James. He is the most amazing little boy and Jimmy and I couldn't be happier as parents. :)

I need to do a lot of James updating on our little online scrapbook, but for now I just want to focus on how James is now - as a ONE YEAR OLD. Lawd, that sounds CRAZY!

James loves to dance. He has a few toys that plays music and he will run-crawl (that is what I call his really super duper quick crawl that is basically as fast as running) and will bang the button that turns on the music. He then quickly turns around looks at whoever is in the room and will put his arms up and start to DANCE! I wonder who he gets this from..... Hm..... :) (remember this post? just saying....) Here is a video of James doing it... kind of. He always gets a little camera shy so this is J only giving it 60%.



Right before James turned 1, he got pretty dern sick. We had to go on our very first sick doctor's visit (pretty impressive, huh?), which was not fun. While sick he did NOT want to eat... and nothing is more frustrating than a child that won't eat. I felt so irresponsible that he wasn't eating. Like I was being a bad mom (isn't the "mom guilt" thing horrible?). But since feeling better - he is back to his good eating self. He loves things green and red (perhaps he is trying to tell us his favorite holiday? ha). He loves to chow down on strawberries, red grapes, tomatoes, green beans, peas (his fav), etc.

James is saying all sorts of ... "baby words." He says "dada," "mama," "baba" (for bottle), "dahhdahhh" (which is what he always says when he sees Sadie or another dog) and ball. He doesn't always use these words appropriately (yesterday at Target he started yelling out "DADA!" the whole stroll through the store. oops. No buddy.... :)

He's pretty easy going.... when we go shopping from grocery store visits to Target - he pretty much chills in his seat and just takes it all in. Occasionally I get a fussy man who just wants to be held while I push the cart, but that is happening less and less. He will also pretty much go to anyone, which I'm happy about. Although it is nice when he wants mommy - I've tried really hard to not let him get clingy... Hopefully it sticks :)

Although he isn't walking - he is pulling up, kind of climbing (ahhh), and walking around stuff (slowly). I'd give him another month or maybe even two until he is walking on his own. He seems pretty content with his super speed crawl, which I must say... is extremely fast. Since I've uploaded a ton of videos lately :) here is a video of him pulling up, standing, crawling, moving and grooving! (and determined to get his ball!)


He is a hoot. When he finds something on the floor that should have been picked up by the vacuum cleaner but has not (smile-ha).... he KNOWS he isn't supposed to touch it. What does he do? He waits until I'm looking at him. He slowly picks it up (with all eyes on me) then slowly starts bringing it to his mouth... and as soon as I say, "James!!! NOOOOO!" (as I'm darting to grab it out of his hand) he sneaks it into his mouth, turns around and starts his super speedy crawl away. What a stinker :)

He is a great sleeper (thank you Baby Wise!). He sleeps 8pm - 8am (yes 8am ladies and gentlemen!).... He also takes two naps, one at 10am and another at 2pm. I'm pretty sure that first nap is getting phased out, but he still needs it right now. Sometimes he also takes forever to go to sleep... He likes to play, talk, stand, roll, etc - sometimes for up to an hour before he falls asleep. He also tends to have CRAZY hair when he wakes up.... Here are a couple photos from when I got him up after a nap last week:





Here are some photos of what we were up to leading up to 12 months (birthday party and some what we've been up to lately posts coming soon!)....

Jimbo made his first batch of beer! It should be ready for tasting in just a week:


Sadie and James are still BFFs:


They love looking out the windows together (contemplating TROUBLE :)


I got my first official weekend off without having to wake up early and do anything! :) (the only two times I've been away was one-half marathon (running 13.1 miles) and two-Simpsonville Chamber mtg in Charleston (meetings early in the morning)... So I just enjoyed some girl time as we celebrated upcoming bride, Maaaaaaaatha! 


We went on a wine tour in NC, which was really neat - I never knew there were so many in NC!


All the vineyards were GORGEOUS and quite different (the one below was my fave!)


The Easter Bunny came to see us!


James got all kinds of goodies to get him ready for our upcoming beach trip (hopefully one of many!) and he also brought Sadie some toys..


James just loves waking up to surprises!


Daddy showing J his stash :)


Sadie and J-breaking in the new toys!


The Easter bunny even brought J some sunglasses.... Which stay on for 1.2 seconds :)


Since J was sick we tag-teamed church. Jimbo went to early service and then I went to the late service. After church we headed to Grandmama's for lunch


I tried getting a picture of the two of us... but he was too preoccupied with Max, Adeline, Gracie, etc... 


Adeline - always quick and ready with a hug (and a funny comment :) hehe)


Everyone hanging out on Grandmama's porch. Funny that we have pictures of all of my siblings and I playing on this exact porch <3


Max always quick with a trick or two


Gracie teaching James a thing or two :)


Sandra made the table look GORGEOUS! And all the fresh flowers were from Grandmama's yard! Maybe one day my yard will supply so many gorgeous flowers


Adeline always cracks me up!


Auntie Joykens and big girl Gracie entertaining the bambinos :)


James made some surprises for some special ladies in his life :)




We continued working on making our yard look some what presentable! Pre-Jimmy-made walkway:


(thanks Sadie)


Wallllah! Gorgeous, isn't it??


The yard is shaping up!


And last but certainly NOT least... The monthly picture with Mr. Bear.... 





James, you are such a very special, fun, sweet, lovable little boy. Your daddy and I love you more and more every day and we don't know what we would do without you. Continue growing strong, laughing more and more every day and discovering new things every day.... and don't ever stop being you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment