Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The grass is always greener... ain't it?!

So, you know the old saying.... "The grass is always greener on the other side..." Well. As I get older, the saying gets truer and truer (truer? a word? don't think so, but whatevs....)

The whole time I was working, I thought, "Man. If I were a stay at home mom.... working out wouldn't be an issue. I'd be able to go walk/run or go to the gym whenever.... It'd be so much easier."

Hahahaha.... silly Cam :) Although I basically can go whenever I want... there is one slightly (large) variable - a baby.

So as James was a baby, I kept thinking, "Man. As soon as James can sit up in his little jogging stroller, it will be so much easier to go for a jog."

HA! Wrong again....

Well it is easier to just strap him in and go... but the going - is tough.

I recently accomplished a huge milestone in running 8 miles for the first time in my life. Well, that was hard but it wasn't as hard as those first two miles I ran back in June... honestly. And now, after a 3 mile jog in a hilly neighborhood, pushing sweet baby James - whew. I don't know what was harder... Those first two or these last three.

Oh well - just nice to remember - the grass is always greener... Or you think it is greener. It's never going to be easy. You just gotta do it.

Also - couldn't help but share this funny picture/saying I found on http://www.pinterest.com/ the other day... So true :)

No comments:

Post a Comment