Monday, October 24, 2011

Great Weekends Recharge the ol' Battery!

So this past weekend was one of the best we've had... or the best that I've had in awhile :) And what did we do -- NOTHING! It was so nice to have a weekend of no plans, no obligations, just hanging out and enjoying our little family.

On Saturday Jimmy and I didn't really get to see each other much - he got up super duper early for his long run in training for the Half Marathon... Then he got home, and I left to do a little Howard Property showing and then went running on the Swamp Rabbit trail, which was amazing! I don't know why I hadn't ran out there before now, but as my runs keep increasing in length, I'll venture out that way a little bit more.

Then later that afternoon, Mom and I got to cash in our living social deals at The Spa at West End for a mani/pedi relaxation. We got to enjoy a glass of wine, have our nails done, and it was just. what. the. doctor. ordered. Ahhhhh-mazing!

Then on Sunday we were going to attempt to take James to church, but I can't figure out how to do it around his naps. I've got some schedule playing around to do, but it worked out great because we got to see both of my grandmother's! Pics below.... We got home after lunch at Grandmama's and I took a 2-hour nap. I felt guilty when I started to lay down, but then I thought to myself, "I'll just shut my eyes for a 20 minute cat nap." I guess I still have some catching up to do on all those hours of sleep I lost during those newborn days. But that nap felt ahhhhh-mazing (much like the mani/pedi)!

That evening we went to Corona's (my favorite Mexican restaurant in Greenville) with Hunter, Joy, the girls and Mary Sims and Thomas... So much fun.

One thing is for certain... I am loving the simple things in life... Good times with my family and friends. It doesn't get much better than that! :)


(It is so hard getting a picture that gives James justice to how stinking cute he is... so here are all of our attempts on Sunday with his great grandmothers :)








No comments:

Post a Comment