Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whew. I made it.

So Jimmy has found his "path" at EY and it is International Tax, which is very exciting, but a little tough right now... The reason -- he has to travel a good bit more than he was before... Last week he had to make a quick trip to Memphis, and he arranged it so he wasn't gone over night, but it was a long day for him, getting home after midnight. Well, even though he wasn't gone for a night, I'm spoiled rotten and my parents came to stay with me to help out with James-ee-poo :)

Well... Jimmy had to travel to Memphis again yesterday and he has a meeting in Atlanta today so there was no quick trip, he had to stay away for a night... And it was time to share mom and dad -- they are currently keeping my two adorable nephews and so they couldn't come and help out... So, yep... that's right. It was just James, Sadie and I all day yesterday, all night last night, all day today and Jimmers gets home around 9pm tonight...

Obviously I survived, but it makes me soooo thankful for Jimmy and my parents. Although I'm nursing and they can't help out there, they help out when little man decides he just wants to fuss and be held. I don't see how single moms out there do it! So here is a shout out to my fantastic hubby and parentals. Your extra set of hands are truly appreciated! Ha!

FUNNY NEPHEW STORY:

So I decided to make yesterday an errand day since I was going to be home alone with my little man all night. We had a very full day consisting of the post office, a trip to Joy's to play with Adeline for a bit, a trip to the park to hang out with the "big boys" - Hamilton and Zan with my Mom, lunch at the loft with the boys, the bank, Target, etc...

Well while I was at the loft it was time to feed James so I snuck back in one of the bedrooms while my mom, Hamilton and Zan were finishing up lunch.. While I'm nursing I see the door slowly open and who should it be, but my oldest nephew Hamilton grinning from ear to ear...

So I greeted H-man and he said, "What are you doing?!" And I told him I was feeding the baby... I asked him if he remembered when his mommy fed his little brother, Zan, like I was doing with James. He started laughing and said, "haha.. yeaaaahhhh...." Then he started walking over and asked, "Is that his milk?!" And I told him, "Yep, sure is!" He then climbed on the bed and informed me that I was feeding the baby a lot like other animals feed their babies.

So I laughed and said yes, I'm just like a cow right now... feeding my baby. Hahaha, Hamilton is so funny right now. Just love hearing what comes out of his mouth! :)

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile...love it! I just kept telling everyone I was Bessie the cow while I was nursing. Also very glad to hear that you made it through the night and day alone!! I can't imagine how exhausting that was.

    ReplyDelete