Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mommy-hood: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

So I've officially been graced with the title of "Mommy" for 11 days now, and I've come to find a few things about it.

THE GOOD
This is the easy part.... James is so sweet and amazing. He is only a little over a week and is already grinning all the time (I realize it isn't a true smile, but it still lights up my day!). He is so our little love bug and we can't get enough of him. It's amazing how you can love something so much that is so tiny.... The good far outweighs "The Bad" and "The Ugly" -- but I thought it best to document it all.... For memories' sake :)

THE BAD
Crying... comes with the territory of babies, but goodness is it hard to see someone so little and tiny screaming his little head off. We are so very fortunate that James averages only one "bad witching hour" a day (I know, we don't realize how good we have it), but it is so hard to hear him cry. However, my ears are becoming more accustomed to it, and I realize it is just a part of life now. We'll just try our hardest to keep the time spent crying to a minimum.... fingers crossed! :)

THE UGLY
Oh Lawd.... I came to find this part out last night. I won't go into graphic details but in the midst of a 3am feeding, I heard my little man relieve himself.... So I carried him over to the changing table and started changing his diaper.... Right after I did my first wipe - WHOOSH. Little man was NOT done with his dirty diaper. The scene was quite UGLY. Hahaha....

Again, "The Good" far outweighs "The Bad" and "The Ugly" and we love getting to know James more and more every day. He is an absolute joy to our lives!

Here is a little picture of James from two days ago... I realize the outfit is WAY too big for him, but he looks sweet nonetheless:

No comments:

Post a Comment