Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Intro to our Blog

Welcome to our blog! Since I've been incorporating social media in every aspect of the Greenville Chamber, I decided it was high time I incorporated it into my personal life.

A little background on where we are in our lives at this moment...

A couple months ago, Jimmy and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary (6/23). Our wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life and it truly did rush by.

Following our wedding we had a fabulous honeymoon to the Dominican Republic where we stayed at the Punta Cana Princess Resort, which was aaaamazing! It was just what the doctor ordered after starting a new job (4/2007), planning a wedding in 8 months (we were engaged in 10/2006) and getting married!
Since getting hitched we have been busy "nesters" as we have settled into two homes in our course of two years.

Our first home was a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, cute 1950's home in the Downtown Greenville, SC. We closed on this house 1/30/2007. Since purchasing it several months prior to our wedding, we had plenty of time to get it into move-in condition. We painted every square inch of the interior, had the hardwood floor sanded and stained. After getting married we did various other upgrades such a new tile, vanity and hardware in our one, tee-tiny bathroom :-), etc.
It was a great house, but one bathroom started to get to me. Although everyone told me not to... I started a new house hunt!

I'll blog later about the crazy, meant-to-be situation we had with house number two -- but long story short, we are now in a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house in Mauldin, SC. Jimmy and I think this could be our "forever" home... but we shall see!

In addition to wheeling, dealing and moving houses -- we adopted a precious Brittany Spaniel in February 2008, Sadie. Sadie was three months when we adopted her (born on 12/3/08), and was as sweet, wild, crazy, terrible, adorable as a puppy can get!
Again, I'll blog more on that rascal later...
But other than that -- marriage, houses and pets -- we have just been living everyday life. Jimmy has been with Ernst & Young as a CPA for a few years now, and I've been the communications manager for the Greenville Chamber for a little over two years.
Here's to keeping the memories (who knows... my children might read this one day!)....

No comments:

Post a Comment