Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Whoa.... 10 months?!

So my little baby boy is the big 10 months old. I can NOT believe it. I remember those first few months I kept wishing the time away... "I can't wait for him to hold his head up." ....... "When oh when will he sleep through the night?" ........ "Won't it be exciting when he can sit up or better yet - crawl?!?" ....etc, etc, etc.... Now I kind of want to turn back the clock and go back and hold him all swaddled up and listen to those little baby coo's. I know he isn't big yet, but 10 months is a lot different than 10 weeks.

But one thing is fo' sho' -- 10 months old is a lot more active and fun than 10 weeks! James is a wild man. He is on the go, go, go. He doesn't really stop moving. The only time he is still is when he is sleeping in his bed. He's army crawling every where. He has hopped up on his knees and did an actual crawl only a couple times... and it was backwards, but hey! he did it! He reaches for people. He talks all the time without really saying anything at all (don't we all??). He eats food a lot better than he eats his bottle, and he really likes to feed himself the best (can we say MESS?!). I've read that the more tastes, textures, etc you can feed your baby - the better they might be in accepting new foods down the road (i.e. not be a picky micky). Who knows if it will work, but one can try can't she?! He's had taco meat, green beans, mac and cheese, seaweed salad (seriously), pork tenderloin, deli meat, fruit, etc.... He loves it all!

James got his first weekend alone with Grammy and Grandpa this past month, and had a blast. Jimmy and I did too! We went to the Simpsonville Chamber's annual meeting in Charleston so enjoyed a little work and a lot of fun. Sad to report - no pics were taken though. I guess I forget how to use a camera when a baby isn't around - ha! But Lawd knows we have enough pics of just Jimmy and I... :)

Here is some pics of what we've been up to lately....

Jimbo has been traveling to Atlanta A LOT lately.... Jimmy invited us to tag along... so James took over the hotel suite quickily.... and those teeth that wouldn't come? Well... decided to come while there. Ugh it was a tough trip. 


But we did have some fun :) and it was certainly nice getting to see Jimmy... At least I got to see him (he still had to work late :(.... )


I got a little stir crazy and strolled James to the hotel gym... Haha, pitiful, huh?


Caro and Brandon came to visit from the nizzy 'Noake! We had a great, low-key weekend (thanks you two for putting up with us old foggies!)


As I mentioned... James has gotten into feeding himself :)


We've been having some nice weather so we've been grilling out a bit on the weekends...


AND THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE MONTH/YEAR.... BABY ELIZABETH WAS BORN!!!! (2*20*12)


Love, love, love this pic :)


Woops... As soon as we came in to meet Elizabeth, poor James was just forgotten about! But he didn't seem to mind... I loaded him up with LOTS of puffs, so he just "puffed" away :)


Nana & Pop's 6th grandbaby... :)


Sweet baby getting her vitals checked...


Daddy Cook just held her hand and she loved it... and held on tight!


Lala came to visit! It was sooooo sweet....


Pop entertained the wee-man :) (who LOVED the cars... and the attention!)


Sweetness :)


Hahahaha... my attempt of getting Baby J and E together... Oh well, there will be plenty more opportunities...


His hair is starting to sit down.... finally! Oh... and he's kind of a big deal. In case you didn't already know that! (Thanks Gigi for the great onesies!)


Our den has turned in to the biggest and best playpen you could imagine! haha...


James has TWO teeth! Zoom in, and take a look see! 


Oh goodness... the mothly photo shoot... Getting harder and harder... Have a laugh:

Here he is trying to grab his books...


So I moved him to the other side... so he turned in to a biscuit. A cheeeeeeese biscuit.


Wild man.


"I'm no wild man, mama." -J


"I'm a WIIIILLLLLDDDDDD man!" - J


"Is the bear ticklish?!" - J


"Whoa. Bear's got some gas." - J


The one thing he'll slow down for.... a little touch and feel book. Here he is reading "Tails" - his absolute favorite. (And that tail is his all time favorite tail to pet :)


But staying still is so short lived... :)


But my little man still loves his thumb :)


Happy 10 months to my sweet not so little any more baby boy, James. We love you more and more each and every day. It's amazing to think what the next 10 months will hold, but I'm not wishing them to fly by. I'd rather they slow down a bit. (Good luck, right?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment