Monday, June 7, 2010

Where did May go?!

So we are already well into June, and before we know it I'm sure it will be Christmas! Here is a recap of all the exciting things we did in May:

May 1, 2010 was Stacy and Greg's wedding up on Lake Norman near Charlotte.
May 3, 2010 Jimmy flew out to Dallas, Texas for training.
May 5, 2010 Cinco de Mayo! I celebrated with a small, fun, restaurant club a group of friends established a few months ago and Jimmy celebrated with his accounting buds, who were also in training. (He also met Mary Holcomb's husband-to-be... before me! :)
May 6, 2010 I fly out to Dallas, TX to have a mini-vacay with Jimmy! It was a long day of traveling but I finally made it to Dallas around 5:00 p.m. I also drove my first rental car and had a minor breakdown when I couldn't even get out of the airport parking lot... but all was good when I got there! That evening Jimmy, Thomas Costigan and I all wento to see a Texas Rangers game in Arlington... Lots of fun!
May 7, 2010 We wake up early and drive to Ft. Worth for a little sight-seeing and cattle herding. We also ate dinner at Joe T. Garcias, which was amazing! (I had just been to Ft. Worth, TX for training a couple weeks prior and we ate there. I knew Jimmy would love it!) After lunch we drove to Houston, TX to see Emily Apple. That night we ate Texas barbeque and went to a Houston Astros game.
May 8, 2010 Since Emily had a field trip with her class, Jimmy and I vegged out for a bit... That night was a "Cam night" full of sushi, saki and fancy cocktails.
May 9, 2010 We fly home :(
May 14, 2010 Jimmy and I marshalled hole number 9 at the BMW Pro Am Golf Tournament! We were doing it in support of the Red Shoe Society, the young professionals group of the Ronald McDonald House of the Carolinas (I am currently serving as its Communications Chair). We also celebrated Mom's birthday that evening and the end of busy season at the Polson's! (It was a jam-packed day!)
May 21, 2010 I head out to Surfside Beach to celebrate Mary Holcomb's "LAST HOORAH" -- We had a great time!
May 29, 2010 We helped throw a party to celebrate Mary and Caleb's upcoming wedding at Fran and David's house.. We ended up staying with Fran and David until Monday AM (Memorial Day) and enjoyed time by the pool and a sunset cruise on the lake!

Whew! I'm exhausted just from typing all that up! It was a great month, and I'm looking forward to what June has in store: Fripp trip, our 3rd year anniversary, Mary's wedding, Aaron's birthday party, etc!

Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment